Historically, compiling administrative reports on graduate student and faculty research/service productivity for graduation reporting, promotion and tenure as well as annual activity reports has been a tedious and cumbersome process when done manually. Thanks to the search applications in the wvuScholar institutional repository, faculty, staff and students can now easily retrieve listings to prepare administrative reports such as thesis and dissertation approvals, committee service work or theses and dissertations completed within a particular college/school or degree program/department.
Search instructions are provided below to assist in preparing administrative reports in wvuScholar.
- Visit wvuScholar at http://wvuscholar.wvu.edu
- Click on the “Advanced Search” tab (see screen shot example below)
- Select collection “Electronic Theses and Dissertations”
- Select Search in fields “Metadata Only”
- Enter your search term in the applicable search box. Popular search terms for administrative tracking include the following discrete metadata fields:
- College/School Name (see College/School listing below)
- Department Name
- Degree Program Name (see WVU Curriculum Matrix)
- Last_name, First_name (for faculty committee service)
- Committee Chair
- Committee Member
- Date range by semester (i.e. use the pattern “Spring 2011”, “Summer 2011”, “Fall 2011”, etc.)
- Search terms may be combined up to 3 levels to narrow results
- Click the “Go” button
From the search results screen, to view linear row-wise listing, click the “Table view” tab on the upper right corner inside the blue bar.
Please note that the defense date and date approved are displayed in European style format (day/month/year). Example: the date displayed “07/06/2011” should be interpreted as “June 7, 2011”.
For specialized assistance on learning to search and prepare listings for administrative reports using wvuScholar, please contact John Hagen, Manager for Institutional Repository Programs at the WVU Libraries.
WVU Colleges & Schools as Listed in wvuScholar Repository
College of Business and Economics
College of Creative Arts
College of Engineering and Mineral Resources
College of Human Resources and Education
College of Physical Activity & Sport Sciences
Davis College of Agriculture, Natural Resources & Design
Eberly College of Arts and Sciences
Perley Isaac Reed School of Journalism
School of Dentistry
School of Medicine
School of Nursing
School of Pharmacy